Tuesday 5 January 2016

From The Other Side Of The World

This was sent to me by a longstanding friend who lives in Canberra Australia...
It's amazing when you get feedback information from the most unusual places and this is regards our clubs 
Flying Spectacular Event in 2012....
The below insert was taken from:-
The Victorian Aeronautical Model Association of Australia's Magazine...
EDUCATION OFFICER’S REPORT October 2012: 
(David Nichols).
Back in July this year I flew over to England to catch up with my folks and check out as many aviation things as I could. Whilst there I was able to attend a well organised, and in many ways spectacular model flying display. It was hosted by the Bartons Point Model Flying Club which is close to Sheerness. They made me feel very welcome. We discussed what I am trying to do with model aircraft education in Victoria down under and how keen I was to find out how they go about all model flying activities. After that I was given a pass to freely walk around the pits, stand out on the flight line if I wished and take photographs at will, which of course I did. 
 This was a two day event which was not only well organized but run close to perfection, yet in a fairly relaxed way. On the advertising bill there was mention of a lunch time try and fly which was duly held. Any member of the public could have a fly by putting their hand up. The underlying emphasis though was directed towards the young and the way they actioned that was of great interest to me. The photo gives you some idea. 
I also contacted the BMFA [British Model Flying Association] and found out some very interesting things about their membership and the way they further model flight education. 
==============================================
Shows that Bartons Point Model Flying Clubs profile is bigger than you ever knew - Putting our Club - and 
the Isle of Sheppey on the map!
Regards Peter (Thanks Darcy for the info)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Great stuff!

speedy brit said...

A credit to all involved and a great mention from soo far thank you to your friend Darcy for spotting it :)

slipperywhenwet said...

Thanks Pete and thank you Darcy for sharing that with us.I met him at the fly-in, enjoyed chatting with him.

Broken Wing said...

I will make sure Darcy sees your comments...